Friday, September 3, 2010

my lifes passion reafirmed

i truly want to be a journalist that makes a difference and after meeting Guest speaker

Gerhard Maré  I am sure. He worked under poor conditions to produce the journal  work in progress , to me he was so inspiring even the look on his face when he described the process of writing this journal was one of happiness I enjoyed the lecture very much.During his talk i came to the realization he had apartheid to fight for and that was real the work in progress journal was even banned they had real problems then what do we as journalist have to fight about now worse still with the impending act to "muzzle" the media.What can we fight for and who will hear us, our plight if it is declared top secret and can't be put forward to the public to see.with those scary thoughts in my  mind as i saw Mr marie speak i had to ask him a few questions after so i don't run the risk of picking up my hand in class and sounding like a paranoid little girl.so i asked him my first question:you had something real to fight for back then what can i as a future journalist fight for  can we even make a difference like work in progress did? answer: individualism is a cause worth fighting for getting people to take responsibility for thay own actions on the enviroment how if the leave a place dirty it affects us all so that people stop pointing fingers at other people instead of solving the problem,and for people to stop having unprotected sex with each other and to take responsibility your fight is to get the individual to improve themselves to make a difference.
that answer satisfied me really it did. so i hoped the answer to my next question would do the same.
question: was it worth it
answer:  laughs YES OH YES........
that was enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment